Exposed! How FAAN Spent N1billion On DTA, Air Tickets In One Year

By Chris Udochukwu Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo (SAN) has revealed how principal officers of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) spent one billion naira (N1billion) on Duty Tour Allowance (DTA) and air tickets alone. Keyamo who disclosed this via his X account while justifying the relocation of the corporate headquarters of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) from Abuja to Lagos said: “When I did my Channels TV interview yesterday, I had not been briefed as to the amount FAAN spent last year alone on DTA (Duty Tour Allowance) for the principal officers who travelled back and forth from Lagos to Abuja almost on a daily basis. The amount came up to N493,678,620.37. This is aside from the air tickets which I mentioned that amounted to N451, 058,950.09. So, in total, because of insistence on naming Abuja as the headquarters of FAAN (when there are no offices in Abuja to accommodate all the principal officers) FAAN spent close to N1 billion in one year!

Exposed! How FAAN Spent N1billion On DTA, Air Tickets In One Year Read More

We relocated headquarters to Lagos to reduce expenses- FAAN

ABUJA- The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) on Thursday said that it relocated its corporate headquarters from Abuja to Lagos to reduce expenditures. This is contained in a statement in Abuja, by Mrs Obiageli Orah, Director, Public Affairs and Consumer Protection, FAAN. According to her, Mr Festus Kayamo, the Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, gave the order for the relocation, with a view to stopping the waste of public resources and rip-off on the public purse. She said that the FAAN Management with stakeholders, which also involved the Unions, agreed that the action was in the best interest of the authority and the country for now. “Those affected by the decision to move the headquarters to Abuja have since returned to Lagos as there is no office space for them in Abuja. “It was ill-advised in the first place to move the headquarters to Abuja when there was no single FAAN building in Abuja to accommodate all of them at once. “Having returned to Lagos, the Authority will be liable to pay them DTA because technically they are …

We relocated headquarters to Lagos to reduce expenses- FAAN Read More

FG Relocates FAAN Corporate Headquarters From Abuja to Lagos; Gives Reasons

By Chris Udochukwu The federal government has annonced the relocation of Corporate Headquarters of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) from Abuja to its original base, Lagos, where it has operated for decades until recently. The Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo who gave the directive said the decision was the outcome of consultations by the new Management of FAAN with stakeholders, which also involved the Unions, and it was agreed that this was in the best interest of the Authority and the country at least for now. This was contained in a statement e-signed by the Director, Public Affairs and Consumer Protection, Obiageli Orah (Mrs.) released via it’s official X account @FAAN_Official. The statement which outlined the reason for the decision reads in full: The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria notes the inquiries some Nigerians have made regarding the directive of the Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, @fkeyamo to relocate the corporate Headquarters of FAAN from Abuja to its original base, Lagos, where it has operated for decades until recently. FAAN wishes to inform Nigerians …

FG Relocates FAAN Corporate Headquarters From Abuja to Lagos; Gives Reasons Read More

Panic as thugs allegedly aided by police pull down Enugu airport fence

ENUGU- There was panic on Friday over the demolition of a perimeter fence belonging to the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu. It was learnt that the demolition, which was carried out by thugs, created tension among the residents of nearby estates, as well airport workers. A reliable source told our correspondent that a swift response by men of the Nigerian Air Force led to the arrest of some of the perpetrators. There was also confusion over claims that the men behind the demolition were escorted by the police and some unknown gunmen. This is not the first time the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, is coming under such attack. In August 2020, a similar act was carried out, a development that drew the ire of the then aviation minister, Hadi Sirika, as well as the immediate past Enugu Governor, Rt Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi. Sirika, who stormed the airport then, vowed to apply all lawful means to prosecute one Arch. John J. Emejulu, who was said to be responsible for the destruction of the concrete perimeter fence, covering about 2km. About …

Panic as thugs allegedly aided by police pull down Enugu airport fence Read More

My mission in FAAN— New MD

LAGOS- The new Managing Director, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Mrs Olubunmi Kuku, on Monday assured aviation sector stakeholders of excellent service delivery and blockage of waste in the agency. A statement on Monday by Mrs Faithful Hope-Ivbaze, Acting Director, Public Affairs and Consumer Protection, quoted Kuku as saying this during a meeting in Lagos. Hope-Ivbaze said the meeting was with the agency’s top management after the new MD received handover notes of the previous leadership from the Legal Adviser/Secretary to the Board, Mrs Gold Iwinose. She said General Managers and Airport Managers from across the country were also present at the meeting. Kuku said her vision was to improve on the agency’s professionalism in enhancing user experience, passengers’ seamless facilitation, security, safety and standards. She promised to block leakages and improve Nigeria’s image. “Under my leadership, revenue generation will be optimised and waste will be eliminated as much as possible. “Staff welfare will also be a priority but I also expect the staff to be committed to put their best. “As every institution is only as powerful as …

My mission in FAAN— New MD Read More

Keyamo gives safety bureau 10 days to release probe report on Abuja-bound flight diverted to Asaba

ABUJA- The Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo, has directed the Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau to release investigative reports on Flight NUA0504 within 10 days. Mr Keyamo said this on Monday in Abuja during a meeting with the leadership of the ministry and heads of agencies under the ministry. The United Nigeria Flight NUA0504 operating from MM2 in Lagos en route Abuja on Sunday was temporarily diverted to the Asaba International Airport, Delta. Mr Keyamo further told NSIB to deepen efforts to produce its investigative reports on other incidents that happened within the last two weeks. According to him, the ministry is taking every step to ensure the safety of lives of Nigerians who decide to travel by air. “For the incidents that happened recently in the country, some are classified as minor and some serious incidents. But we did have any fatality. However, we have some preliminary and precautions steps we are taking as a ministry and regulators. “Because of the incident that happened yesterday, where a flight to Abuja ended up in Asaba. They must have …

Keyamo gives safety bureau 10 days to release probe report on Abuja-bound flight diverted to Asaba Read More

UAE has granted Air Peace approval for direct flight to Dubai – Keyamo

ABUJA- The government of United Arab Emirates has granted Air Peace the approval to operate direct flight to Dubai. Minister of Aviation and Aerospace, Festus Keyamo, SAN, who disclosed this weekend, said Emirates Airlines, which has stopped operations to the country due to its inability to repatriate dollars earned in the country home, also announed its readiness to commence direct flights to Nigeria. He said the Emirates Airlines’ management disclosed news of its readiness to resume flight to Nigeria at the just-concluded Dubai Airshow. The Head, Press, in the Minstry of Aviation and Aerospace, Odutayo Oluseyi, said in a statement that the minister also met with the management of Airline Executive, led by its CEO, Dana Hatcic, a company that indicated interest in establishing an MRO facility in Nigeria. He said the minister expressed the possibility of a maiden edition of the  Nigeria  Air Show sometime in November  2024. According to him, Nigeria will be the first African country to organize such an event. Keyamo also visited the pavilions of leading aviation and aerospace  industries in the world to inspect …

UAE has granted Air Peace approval for direct flight to Dubai – Keyamo Read More

Keyamo apologises for flight disruptions

…Says contractors have moved to site to begin construction of the Abuja second runway. By Chris Udochukwu The Minister of Aviatoon, Festus Keyamo on Sunday apologised for the flight disruptions at the Abuja airport today which affected other flight operations throughout the country. Keyamo who apologosed via his “X account @fkeyamo said: Apologies for the flight disruptions at the Abuja airport today which affected other flight operations throughout the country . It was caused by an incident at the Abuja runway involving an aircraft which made it impossible for other aircrafts to land for some time. This underscores the urgent need for the Abuja second runway and my first task when I came to office as Aviation Minister was to secure the land from the indigenes. Just two weeks ago, the contractors have moved to site to begin construction of the Abuja second runway.

Keyamo apologises for flight disruptions Read More

Ministerial list: Tinubu appoints Keyamo as Minister, withdraws Shetty Maryam’s nomination

President Bola Tinubu has nominated former Minister of State for Labour Festus Keyamo as a minister. Senate President Godswill Akpabio made the announcement on Friday during a plenary session. Tinubu also replaced Maryam Shetty, his ministerial nominee for the Ministry of Women Affairs, with Dr Maigari Mahmud from Kano State.

Ministerial list: Tinubu appoints Keyamo as Minister, withdraws Shetty Maryam’s nomination Read More

Ganduje, Fani-Kayode, Keyamo, other APC bigwigs missing from Tinubu’s ministerial list

Some bigwigs in the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC who were expected to form President Bola Tinubu’s cabinet were conspicuously missing from the ministerial list unveiled on Thursday. It had earlier been reported that the Senate President, Goodwill Akpabio read the list on Thursday as forwarded to the chamber by the presidency during plenary. Femi Gbajabiamila, former Speaker of the House of Representatives and presently the Chief of Staff to the president, delivered the list to Akpabio. However, contrary to speculations that the former governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje and other stalwarts in the party who fought for Tinubu’s victory during the February 25 presidential election would be nominated, they were not included in the list. Names of former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, former Minister of Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo and other chieftains of the party were also missing from the long-awaited list. The list also put to rest the insinuations that President Tinubu’s ministerial nominee from Benue State would emerge from the Benue South Senatorial district. Some names hitherto speculated as nominees from the state were not …

Ganduje, Fani-Kayode, Keyamo, other APC bigwigs missing from Tinubu’s ministerial list Read More

Service Chiefs: Keyamo clears air on dragging Tinubu to court

The immediate past Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo, has denied dragging President Bola Tinubu’s administration to court over the appointment of Service Chiefs. Keyamo said those circulating the claim on social media are mischief makers. Keyamo was accused of dragging Tinubu to court over the appointment of Service Chiefs without the approval of the National Assembly. However, Keyamo said his tweet on the matter was misconstrued, stressing that he only praised the Federal Government for obeying a ruling he instituted in the past. Tweeting, Keyamo said he instituted the legal action during the administration of late President Musa Yar’Adua’s administration. According to Keyamo: “Some mischief makers are circulating fake news on Social Media that I have dragged the Tinubu-led Federal Government to court over the appointment of Service Chiefs without the approval of the National Assembly. “This is such a dumb misrepresentation of what I tweeted a few days ago. “My tweet was rather to praise and commend the Federal Government for complying with the judgment in the case I instituted during the Yar’Adua administration and …

Service Chiefs: Keyamo clears air on dragging Tinubu to court Read More

N52bn SWP: Festus Keyamo Failed As Minister But Grew Wealthier In The Process – Phrank Shaibu

…Calls on NASS to publish report of its investigation on the N52bn Special Works Programme implemented by the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, By Tunde John Mr. Phrank Shaibu, Special Assistant on Public Communication to the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has called for the investigation of the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Mr. Festus Keyamo, saying he clearly failed as a minister but grew wealthier in the process. This is also as he has tasked the National Assembly to publish report of its investigation on the N52bn Special Works Programme implemented by Keyamo. Shaibu made the call in a statement while reacting to Keyamo’s acquisition of house in the United States at the cost of over $300,000. Precise Post recalls that in 2021, the Federal Government had in a bid to ameliorate the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic, approved the sum of N52bn for the hiring of 774,000 Nigerians across all the local government areas in the country for three months. The 774,000 Nigerians were hired to take on menial …

N52bn SWP: Festus Keyamo Failed As Minister But Grew Wealthier In The Process – Phrank Shaibu Read More

‘My US property not stolen wealth’ – Keyamo

The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo has said his properties abroad were not purchased using stolen funds. Keyamo was reacting to a trending video on social media of a property in the United States, US, linked to him. In the video, the Minister was seen exercising in front of the US property said to be expensive. However, Keyamo confirmed that the property belonged to him, adding that he purchased it using proceeds from his legal practice. In a statement on Twitter, the Minister explained that he was only trying to bait those he called sore losers at the last elections with a video of his vacation in “one of my properties abroad.” According to Keyamo: “They fell so terribly for the bait, they seem to view everyone from their depraved universe and assume everyone will wallow in the same moral squalor as them.” Explaining how he purchased the US property, Keyamo said he had, on March 6, 2019, written to the relevant government agencies, informing them of the closure of his foreign account(s) and the repatriation …

‘My US property not stolen wealth’ – Keyamo Read More

You can’t campaign for Tinubu and not look stupid – Dino Melaye blasts Keyamo

Senator Dino Melaye has slammed Minister of State for Labour, Festus Keyamo over his comment about Atiku Abubakar, Peoples Democratic Party’s presidential candidate. Recall that Keyamo who is also the spokesperson of the Tinubu campaign organisation had recently claimed Atiku does not have the experience to lead Nigeria and that the Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi is even way ahead of him in the race for the country’s number one seat. However in an interview on Channels, Dino stated that APC party will find it hard to sell its presidential candidate Tinubu because one can’t campaign for him without “looking stupid”.  He said;  “This government marketed Atiku by their colossal failure. Today, the most difficult candidate to sell is an APC candidate whether, at the House of Representatives, Senate, or governorship level. “That is why you cannot defend, promote or campaign for Bola Ahmed Tinubu without looking stupid. This is what happened to my brother and friend, Festus Keyamo, he started talking off point. He started saying things that do not make sense.”

You can’t campaign for Tinubu and not look stupid – Dino Melaye blasts Keyamo Read More

#EndSARS panel: Adegboruwa, Ubani oppose Keyamo

A member of the Lagos #EndSARS panel, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, SAN, and a former Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Vice President, Monday Ubani, have opposed Minister of State for Labour, Festus Keyamo, SAN, over the legality of the panels which probed police brutality in the States and Lekki Tollgate shootings in Lagos. Keyamo, speaking on a Channels TV programme Sunday Politics, questioned the legality of the panels, adding that he spoke as a lawyer and not a Minister. “All the Panels of Inquiry set up by the various States of the federation following the crisis that arose as the result of #EndSars protest all over the country are illegal,” he said. But Adegboruwa, who among other panel members has been in the spotlight following a controversial leaked report of the Lagos panel, berated the Minister’s view, saying it was formed because the outcome of the Lagos panel did not favour the Federal Government. The human rights activist reacted to Keyamo’s assertion in a statement on Monday, titled: “The legality of #EndSARS panels. Adegboruwa said: “The Federal Government has recently muted the idea …

#EndSARS panel: Adegboruwa, Ubani oppose Keyamo Read More

Osinbajo’s team working on ways out of APC’s ‘legal ditch’

How will the All Progressives Congress (APC) wriggle out of the likely “judicial jeopardy” as a result of the minority judgment of the Supreme Court in the Ondo State governorship election appeal? Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and APC governors are working on a safe option, it was learnt last night. Some senior party figures have queued behind Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo (SAN), and former legal adviser Babatunde Ogala (SAN), who warned of a likely dire consequence. Some others have said there is no cause for alarm over the position of Justices Mary Odili, Ejembi Eko and Mohammed Saulawa that caretaker chair Mai Mala Buni cannot be governor and party leader at the same time. Although the safe option was unclear last night, a source said the VP cautioned the party against what he termed “legal ditch.” The source also said Saturday’s Ward Congresses could not be stopped due to a lack of communication between Prof. Osinbajo and Governor Buni until midnight on Friday. The source expressed optimism that an option was in the loop. He …

Osinbajo’s team working on ways out of APC’s ‘legal ditch’ Read More