Chelsea Boss, Mauricio Pochettino Omits Romelu Lukaku’s Name From The Club’s USA Pre-season Tour

Chelsea boss, Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed that Romelu Lukaku’s career at the club will soon come to an end after he snubbed the club’s USA pre-season tour.

As part of their preparations for the 2023-24 Premier League campaign, the Blues will tour the USA and will play the likes of Wrexham, Fulham, Newcastle, and Brighton in the coming weeks.

However, there was no space for Lukaku in Chelsea’s 29-man squad heading to the States, with the Belgian expected to leave the club this summer.

Speaking about the decision to leave Lukaku in London, according to talkSPORT, Pochettino said: ‘It is the club and of course, it is an interesting situation.

‘When this type of decision is [made, it is] because they all agree. The player and club are working hard to try and find best solution.’

‘It is obvious the decision had been made on the side of the player also. We act in consequence of the decision. The club and player are in the position they wanted.’

It was confirmed on Monday that Lukaku – along with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Romelu Lukaku, Hakim Ziyech, Harvey Vale, and Omari Hutchinson was left out from their pre-season squad.

The Belgian striker has been closely linked with Italian giants Juventus, Inter Milan, and a number of Saudi Pro League sides this summer.

Lukaku had been expected to rejoin Inter Milan after spending last season on loan at the San Siro, but Juve have emerged as favourites to sign him.

The Belgian forward is said to have snubbed Simone Inzaghi’s side after being benched for the Champions League final last season.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *