By Our Reporter
Washington – See these 10 underlisted programs in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal that you may not have heard about as released by white House namely:
- Weatherization — The deal will invest a historic $3.5B in the Weatherization Assistance Program, reducing energy costs for more than 700K low-income households.
- Wildfires — The infrastructure deal invests $8B in wildfire risk reduction by providing funding for community wildfire defense grants, mechanical thinning, controlled burns, the Collaborative Forest Restoration Program, and firefighting resources.
- Flood Mitigation — The infrastructure deal includes $12B to boost coastal resilience, fund FEMA flood mitigation grants, and better mapping.
- Brownfields and superfunds — The deal invests $5B to clean up legacy pollution that disproportionately impacts communities of color.
- Natural gas wells and coal mines — The Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal invests $16B to cap wells and mines affecting urban and rural communities.
- Pipeline safety — The deal includes $1B to modernize natural gas pipelines to reduce injuries, fatalities, and economic losses.
- Safe streets — The Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal includes $5B for a first-of-its-kind “Safe Streets for All” program to fund state and local “vision zero” plans and other improvements to reduce crashes and fatalities, especially for the most vulnerable roadways users.
- Battery manufacturing — The infrastructure deal will invest $6B for advanced battery processing, manufacturing, and recycling to strengthen supply chains.
- Transit station ADA program — The deal includes $2B to help remove barriers to service and expand mobility options.
- Cybersecurity — The infrastructure deal includes almost $2B to modernize and secure federal, state, and local IT and networks; protect key infrastructure and utilities; and invest in cyber training for Americans to fill skilled cyber jobs in the public and private sectors.